Smiling & nodding

I had every intention of starting this travel blog weeks (or at least days) before my arrival in Seoul, South Korea, but alas, government tape, doggie haircuts & other random yet necessary last minute obligations took priority. So here I am, over a week into this new country & adventure, writing my first post at 10:30 on a Friday morning. 

Since this 'beginning post' has come a bit later than expected, I will just give a brief overview of each day gone by, though I promise my future posts will be better composed. Also, I am still getting the hang of this mobile-phone-blogging-pro-app-thing, since we do not yet have our laptops & I'm not as tech savvy as I look, so please, bear with me. 

Monday/Tuesday 2/23-24: (We jumped into the future 14 hours so Tuesday was the shortest day of our lives technically, only 10 hours)

O'Hare airport was amazingly easy to get through, in fact, within 27 minutes of our arrival we were already sitting at our terminal with our bags checked, through security (who were very kind & loved our barking carry-on) & still in the presence of our lovely dog, Grimm who was our four-legged flight companion.
*Please note how dashing he looks with his new haircuts & mini-bandana*

The (14 hour) flight was as expected; LONG. I watched Step Up; All In (absolutely awful) & Dracula's Untold Story (pretty good), slept & ate alot of those little pretzel bags, as well as three meals - bibimbap, ham sandwiches & a chicken dish 😷, all the while watching that little airplane on the screen move along the dotted line over the North Pole. 

Once in Incheon Airport, everything was in Korean & Tay & I found ourselves at a loss & in the wrong line more than once (three times to be exact, though Taylor will never admit to it). But finally, our feet touched real South Korean land!! ...& then we were driven for 2.5 more hours to our apartment, falling asleep in the backseat & seeing nothing of Seoul 😝

Needless to say, by the time we arrived 'home' all we did was find food (around the corner, a little japanese/korean place), turn on our wifi (which proved to be nothing more than pushing a button) & SLEEP! Not a very eventful first day, but we certainly felt like foreigners, knowing nothing of the language, the area or how to read any signs. We mainly got by with a lot of gestures, smiles & nods😄 

Here's our first meal! 

Comments

Popular Posts