Weekend madness (but not really)

Saturday 2/28:
FINALLY! The weekend where Taylor & I can explore & let loose & enjoy this cultures world-renouned nightlife!

Well sort of, I mean, we have a whole year, right?

We ended up hopping on the subway in the morning to visit Itaewon for the day, which is only about a 15min ride, but takes you close(ish) to the center of Seoul & is a major foreigner area (home to a U.S. Base, international college, lively bar scene, ect). I could write loads about the area (& my day) but here are some captioned pictures that tell the same tale ☺️

Snapshots of a temple I came across on my early morning walk before Itaewon, there was a friendly Shiba-Inu dog outside & a nice old woman (priest?) but Grimm was not a fan, so we made a quick exit.

Taylor & I in the elevator before our Itaewon adventure.


A lovely energy drink that Tay & I just couldn't resist from the local GS25 store (like a 7/11) as we escalate down into the subway station.


I FOUND KPOP!!!! 😍😘😚☺️😉😍😘😚😉☺️😍😘😚😘😍😍😘😚😘😙😍

So naturally I bought kpop merch, & naturally that kpop merch was SHINee, because best. 

As if the day wasn't awesome already...Tay found me Taco Bell as well. So now I never have to leave Itaewon, right?

Just a few of the many, MANY neat bars, clubs & pubs we saw on our wanderings. (Seriously, there were SO many)!! But of course the coolest was... drum roll please?
Cargo pub! 😊

Taylor & I then grabbed some drinks - tequila sunrise & blue smurfette - from a hummus place (they have ALL kinds of food in Itaewon)

The new Area 51 (actually just barracks we think)

Some of the city, though pictures don't do it justice. I must say, I am quite excited to see the more impressive skylines, maybe this next weekend... 😇

Unfortunately it was about this time that my phone died, but to recap the rest of the night; breweries with Scottish chaps named Fergus, going away parties, more breweries & hip bars (The Magpie & Pet Sounds), & a cabride home with two other teachers. And we were still in bed by 1:00am. Yes, for living in a city where many clubs don't close until 6 in the morning, we are not really 'living it up'. At least, not yet 😉

Sunday 3/1:
Sunday was a very lazy day for Taylor & I, comprised of two naps, sleeping in & falling asleep around 9pm, so really there isn't much to be said, except that I found a Starbucks 😀☕️


Monday 3/2:
More training! And very little else to say, & I really want to catch up to current-time. So here, have some bibimbop 😄
Ps. Often Koreans try to incorporate one raw food, one cooked, & one pickeled into each meal, bibimbop is a traditional dish that is usually veggies, rice & a red chili pepper paste along with an egg. Yum yum 😋

Comments

Popular Posts