New Year. New Post.

New Year, new post? Yes, let's go with that catchy zinger. 

I'm only in this awesome country for five (5!) more months. So I will be upping my post-game to every Monday. Call it a New Years resolution, or more aptly, a sincere attempt to write about my time here so I actually remember it when I'm reminiscing in Spain about the humble beginnings to my traveler lifestyle. I have a terrible memory, you see.

So, since the new year began, I've had some great experiences, as ever, however the big post will come in the first week of February, as Laura & I are finally making good on our plans to visit China! Yes, for the last week of January (the Chinese New Year holiday) we will be in Beijing! What's cooler than spending the CHINESE New Year in CHINA?! Eek, we cannot wait.

And though the flights were wonderfully cheap (we booked early & got an 11pm flight) my visa as an American was pretty pricey. In fact, I feel a bit like I have dual-citizenship now, as the only visa available to Americans is the10-year option, multiple entry, for up to 60 days at a time. That means I could feasibly go to China for two months, leave for one day, then return...for the next ten years .-. However, I (shockingly) do not plan to do this (five day trip) & therefore the exorbitant price I paid for the visa seemed a bit like daylight robbery. But I digress.

Let's catch you up since my last post. I will rapid-fire give you a rundown. Ready? Here we go. 

  • I made a Halloween costume for work! I was a gumball machine...
 
 
  • I ran a Halloween party in Hongdae
 
Aren't I pretty? ><

  • I went to many a cat cafe 
 

  •  I had a lovely fall trip to the zoo with my darling Sassy Squirrel class 
 
 

  • I visited a sacred burial ground & famous (SUPER HUGE) fish market - Noryangjin - with a tour group
 
 
 
 
 

  •  I found THE coolest cafe that I 100% recommend for dates ^^ but since it's me we are talking about, I went with Laura of course :3 
 
 

  • Also, another cafe specializing in CHOCOLATE & CAKES!
 

  • I took a cheeky day off work for Thanksgiving & waltzed around Gangnam
 
 
 

  • I went to a penguin festival (not even joking) 
 
 

  • I went to a Santa party the weekend before Christmas ^^ (WITH KANG (brother) who was on leave from the ROK army)
 
 
 

  • And had a Christmas party at school too of course...
 
It's Rudolph, okay? They're cute, not artists.
 
 

  • Christmas weekend with Laura :3
 
 
Another epic cafe for Christmas Eve
 
Some shopping in Myeongdong in the lights
 
 
And our tradition for all 'big events' out hotel in Hongdae for Christmas morning <3
 
And boy oh boy was Christmas full of food! American fair for breakfast & a Mexican buffet for dinner at my new favorite spot, El Pino! All with friends, which lessened the sadness of not being with my family. 

I did other things too, but of course I can't give you a blow by blow of my end-of-year. So this will have to do!

Now the main point of this post. 2017!
But oh my look at the time! Guess it'll have to wait till Monday when I'll start up the true timeline of A POST A WEEK! I'll start Monday's post with New Years & what I did that weekend. 

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will, as I am currently in a cat cafe in Insadong with Laura ^^

All my love, Tea

P.S. (Shameless plug)
My first fiction writing on Wattpad has reached 1.5 thousand reads (Greys - Intentions)! And my second book of the series (Greys - Dust)  is getting up there too, though it isn't completed yet.

Here's the cover for book one, made by an awesome reader for me :D
 

And here's the cover for book two, made by the lovely and talented Lindsey! A good friend  who has been super supportive ^^ thanks, love!
 

Comments

Popular Posts