Butter, beans & garlicky bread...

Tuesday 3/3:

Final day of training 😳 but that's okay, because we are now fully prepared to be the sole source of knowledge & wisdom & language to a hundred impressionable Korean youth, right? 😁 Uh sure. I must say though, the main thing I remember (& cherish) from Tuesday is the below...

I FOUND (crust-less) PB&J!!
At the local 'Paris Baguette' bakery in our work building's 1st floor (the donut looking things are Taylor's breakfast; the half-eaten one is a roll filled with veggie stuffing, the top corner of the tray is a sugared donut filled- much to our shock & surprise -with a refried bean paste😷 which we will not be trying again, & the stick - Taylor's favorite & now a major staple of his diet -is a glazed seaseme donut stick).

But back to my P&Js, the strawberry one is actually- much to my surprise, again -cream cheese & strawberry, & the peanut butter one is more of a whipped-peanut-flavored-frosting, but I'm not complaining. They were very good, & for 1600 won ($1.60) they may become a go-to snack for me in between classes when I can't get a proper meal. 



We frequent Paris Baguette quite often, & there is one about every five blocks, so it makes finding familiar foods a lot easier.

On a side note, Korea has quite a love for all things sweet it seems, & things you don't think will be sugary most likely will be. Then again, things you expect to be 'normal' will probably have a sweet/tangy mustard sauce or bean paste lurking in them somehow.

Example A: I bought a garlic toast at Paris Baguette one morning, safe bet, right? Garlic & butter, what could possible be altered?WRONG! It wasn't garlic & butter & salt on it...it was sugar.

Garlic & sugar.
In the morning.
For my breakfast.

It was not the best way to begin my day...& I will never look at garlic bread the same 😨 Also, their butter is sweet, like melted-caramel-sweet, just as an additional warning. We now have three tubs of butter in the fridge because I keep trying to find a normal one for my eggs in the morning...

Life is hard indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts