Feathers, films & fun!

I believe I last left off in the final days of April, yes? When Taylor and I were about to go to Yeouido Park (I know, there are way too many vowels in that name). But why did we go to the park? Well, Facebook, that's why. I found a Facebook group talking about a very neat get-together. But first, here are some pictures of the park, let me know if you notice anything strange...
Our first view of the huge park, which continues on much further in both directions than the picture shows.
 Opposite view of the park, or standing in the park looking back at part of the city...
 The park has a lovely stage where small, free concerts are often held...
 And another view of the park because it is so pretty...anything strange yet?
 Here's a nice panorama...anything yet?
Well I'll make it clear then...below shows the reason we went to the strangely named mega-park

 No, it wasn't for a slumber party, it was for a two thousand person flash-mob pillow fight, though some people 'concealed' their pillows better than others :P

 We got there a bit early, but soon, the crowd began to really thicken...
 See what I mean about lack of concealment?
But finally, the man in the panda costume called out the signal with his megaphone!
And we were off!




And yes, it was as much of a blast as it looks
 Please ignore the irregularities, I'm still not a pro at the whole 'panorama' capability on my iPhone...


 As you can see, the feathers and fluff really started flying!
And what's an event without some selcas?
 It was dangerous, but worth it!
But alas, Taylor and I are an old married couple, who did not stay for the entirety of the pillow fight (which was still going strong 45 minutes later)
nor the sponsored after party in Hongdae


 But I did get some pictures as we made our leave that showed scale.

Before the 'fight' began however, we were lucky enough to run into a friend we had met at a previous event (Danella's birthday party) who took a few great pictures too! Credit to all below goes to Woojin Lee :)





After the vibrant pillow fight, Tay and I went home briefly before going out to Itaewon with our coworkers, though no pictures exist to substantiate our evening, I assure you it was a fun one.

Sunday Taylor and I didn't take on quite as much as Saturday (meaning we didn't go to lunch with friends, shop in two different Gu's -city areas- before subwaying to a third area, having a massive pillow fight, subwaying back home and then going out on the town to a fourth area with co-people). Instead we went to D-Cube city (which is just an area/subway station in Seoul, not an actual city, about 50 minutes away) for a movie we have been wanting to see - The Kingsman! But first, here is D-cube station/city.
 Their greenery right outside the station...
 One of the condos that comes right out of a mall, a common occurrence in Korea.
 And a building that Taylor and I decided is where an evil-gamer-overlord would live in a virtual world...yes, we are adults. Don't judge us.
And before the movie we searched for some candy...in a mall, a HUGE mall 8) After our mall search, we went through an underground shopping center that connected to another huge mall which had our theater on the 12th floor. As I've said before, the buildings in Seoul are enormous. The movie was good, Tay and I both enjoyed it, however we were not expecting so much violence. Or at least not the kind that was in The Kingsman. We did hear that this particular movie became an overwhelming blockbuster in Korea, though no one knows why they liked it so much, many Koreans saw the movie multiple times even! Pretty neat for a non-fan-based movie to do so well in a foreign country where the movie-goers have to read the entire film!

Now that I have fully explained the quirky-fun that Taylor and I had last-last weekend, I am all set to get started on the first week of May...in my next post :D

All of my love, and I appreciate your patience,

Tea

Comments

Popular Posts