Two months in & still green as the springtime...

Well, it's been over eight weeks in Korea, but it sure doesn't feel that way at all!

We've had some days that seemed much too long (like when our furry child was fighting for his little life) and weeks that have gone by so fast it seems supernatural (like, well, every week basically). We sometimes feel like we have it all together (or at least understand enough to survive comfortably) and other times feel like we just stepped off the plane and have no idea what is going on, where to go or what to do. We sometimes feel quite mature (maybe even like the A-word - adults - gasp!) and sometimes feel like kids only pretending to be adults and hoping everyone around us doesn't know how clueless we truly are. But all-in-all, it has been an adventurous two months, and though another ten seems like a lifetime, we know it will fly by. But enough of the sappy 'life-is-too-short-where-does-the-time-go' monologue and back to the point of this blog...an update into what Taylor and my last week held! Prepare, I took many more pictures than necessary.



Like flowers, but when your walk to work each morning is as beautiful as this one? It's hard not to take pictures! The flower game in Korea is strong to say the least, and they are everywhere! It's a beautiful sight in the springtime.


And of course, what would this blog be without some food pics? Well above is another reason why you should never just pick a part of a menu, point and say "I'll have this", because in Korea, you truly never know what you will get. We went to a chicken place, so I thought I was safe to order anything...well I wasn't. Though once you cut the head off, the little guy wasn't so bad.


Also, be jealous, as Seoul has had some beautiful weather here of late, of which Taylor and I have been enjoying as much as possible.


Here is Taylor and my favorite 'traditional' meal; ramen and gimbap! Which is basically just spicy soup and fish-less sushi, and forever our go-to for quick, fresh and cheap :) As everything you see above is about $4.00 per person.


Next up (this blog is not in any order) is my Thursday evening activities...which included the Avengers (yes, it came out in Korea a whole week earlier than in the US). Parts of the film were shot in Seoul, which was quite cool...but I won't say anything about the movie itself, to avoid spoilers...but it was very good :D I saw the movie with Taylor, Laura and Caroline, and we geeked out the whole way home discussing the plot, characters, villian, ect. It was pretty awesome.


And for a less exciting bit of news, but one I am quite proud of, I started a daily workout last Monday, which includes three runs a week...so of course I got myself a little treat after my second run of the week; a lemonade from my favorite local cafe, which turned out to be lemon-juice-syrup...so I added water at home, turning the little above bottle into about four days of delicious (and still pretty strong) lemonade. It may just become a weekly-post-run treat.


Speaking of weekly treats, above is my Friday 'week-well-worked' iced-chocolate from Mancini's. Taylor and I sat outside the cafe at a table for the first time, before we eventually got too hot and moved to our regular table inside. Yes, TOO HOT! How marvelous is that?! I can't wait for the super-hot summers here!

Now, before I get into the weekend, I will give a quick rundown of the week, since the above just touched on the pictures from my phone..

Monday: We didn't have Grimm back yet and did almost nothing besides work and mope about, so no news from the beginning of last week.
Tuesday: We picked up Grimm, which I wrote about last time, and ate the funny little shrimp pictured above.
Wednesday: Pizza and Game of Thrones day (and the new Netflix show; Daredevil, which we recommend)! But mainly just relaxing, hanging out with Grimm and eating much more pizza than was necessary!
Thursday: Avengers! Avengers! Avengers! Straight from work the four of us headed to Sangbong to the closest movie theater and enjoyed watching the blockbuster we had been anticipating for months!!
Friday: Ah, the weekend, but really Taylor and I just got out of work, talking big talk about going out on the town, and then went to Homeplus next door instead, bought a toaster oven and some chicken nuggets and had a nice dinner in, at one am >.<

And Saturday/Sunday is below... :)






I told you I took a lot of flower pictures, right? And these are just the ones I saw as I took Grimm for a lap around the block to do his morning business. The city is absolutely filled with beautiful, bright, fragrant blooms right now!


As for Saturday afternoon, Taylor, Laura and I went to Hongdae for some shopping and food. We were on a mission to find running shoes for Tay, but alas, I think online will have to be his shoe-store, as most store-workers just laugh when he tells them the size he needs. Apparently size 13 US isn't common in Korea, go figure.

Also, as we were on the subway, a group of young adults approached and gave us energy drinks, roses and a little speech about how to brighten people's day, it was very nice and, thankfully, in English :) They filmed it (probably a school project or the like) so we will probably be an internet sensation any minute now...


As always, the fashion in Hongdae didn't disappoint! Though I don't think you'll see me sporting these styles anytime soon >.<


A couple hours after lunch (at Pizza Mall, of course) we were ready for something refreshing, as it was quite hot again, I even wore shorts!! So we stopped at the place all American's should, because Obama would be proud, a Hawaiian Ice stand which shamelessly plays on the fact that Korea loves America. They also sold giant cotton candy, as pictured on the right.


After Hongdae we made our way to Yongsan (electronics market a few stops back) and looked at all the pretty things. The last time we visited, Taylor and I walked away with laptops, but this time we just looked and planned for future purchases. The below is just a section of one floor of one building, bus basically the entire area is known for having thousands of electronics stores. I think it may be Taylor's heaven.




Some cool views we saw, but of course didn't translate well to picture, but I still always try...


And some more flowers, this time closer to Yeouido Park on the Han river, which is where Taylor and I trekked after Yongsan. Why did we make the extra trip to the park, you ask? Well, let me show you...

In the next installment!

So sorry for the cliffhanger but it is almost 2:30am and I am absolutely beat.
Good night everyone, and more to come tomorrow!

All of my love,

Tea

Comments

Popular Posts